[Mgs] MG practicality

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Fri Jun 27 09:32:03 MDT 2008

On 28/06/2008, at 12:53 AM, don at napanet.net wrote:

> I love MGs but they are totally impractical!

Prepare yourself for the onslaught.

> Driving an old MG in these conditions is just not pleasant or
> practical.

Of course I don't know exactly what the conditions are where you are
(or if you might be gilding the lily a tad with your description of
the conditions), but where I live I find driving my 'B both pleasant
AND practical - and my car is semi-track so it is even less "pleasant
and practical" than a standard car.

I may feel every bump in the road but that is more than compensated
for by the sheer joy of top-down cruising in a classic car
(especially when all of those around you are encased in glass and
steel)..

Of course, YMMV  :-)

Eric
'68 MGB MkII