[Mgs] Fan and Engine Mounting

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 20:14:32 MDT 2008

Bob,

On closer inspection, I can see that, without the spacer, the metal fan
would interfere with the front belt, the pulley on my car having two belt
grooves. Guess I'll order that Moss part that Kelvin Dodd suggested,
although I'm certain that the original will turn up in my garage as soon as
I do.

Thanks so much for the enlightening conversation this past weekend. You
supplied an important piece of the rear engine mount (transmission) puzzle.
Once I knew that the upper bracket's straight side faced forward, the
orientation of the bottom bracket followed in order for the two bottom bolts
to line up. Using the forward of the two rubber mount holes in the cross
member lined the X member up with the holes in the "frame". I wonder what
the two holes to the rear are for, the standard four speed possibly? Are its
mounting holes slightly to the rear of the ones in the LH overdrive?

Even the 3rd time through, it was not an easy job to get all those parts
together and those four bolts started, but it sure was easier than the first
time!!

Best,

Ed Woods