[Mgs] Run the MG on methane

Ronald A. Fine ronfineesq at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 18 14:25:48 MDT 2008

I don't think you would call LPG a waste product.  I believe it was often burned off at the well because the oil producers didn't have the pipe lines to transport it to market and it was cheap but now it is specifically produced for all types of energy in USA.  It is one of the main sources of heating and power production in the western part of this country.  It is much cheaper to heat your home with "Natural Gas" than oil or electricity.  LPG is just Natural Gas that is cooled enough to condense it for storage in tanks.  There are many vehicles that are adapted to use LPG  but most of them are fleet vehicles such as busses that have a local yard where they return on a regular time schedule to fill up.  It is rare to see a normal gas station selling LPG.  The bus companies switched to using LPG because it was cheaper and much cleaner burning but for small cars, it takes a lot of space to store enough to make it practical.
Ron