[Mgs] Electric MGB

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Tue Jun 17 11:03:49 MDT 2008

Diesel has more energy in it per volume than gas so it will give you better
mpg.  My '90 VW Jetta 1.8 L turbo diesel  gets over 60 mpg on the highway,
and around 55 mpg in town.  And modern diesels are as clean as gas engines.

Mark

From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins at ktc.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Electric MGB

  I have a Prius.  It's a great road car and will outrun a stock B and do
it in comfort.  It's questionable about the turbo diesel doing better on
mpg; my Prius gets 45 - 50 mpg overall, including cruising on the road at
75 mph and it does it a lot cleaner than the diesel.

   As far as disposing of the batteries goes, you recycle them, the same
way any responsible citizen does with any battery.

   CR

Murray Arundell wrote:
> Try driving one...... Mind numbingly boring.... Add to that a decent 1.3
turbo diesel will deliver the same overall mileage with better performance.
Also the one question no one seems to be able to answer.... What happens to