[Mgs] Bonnet Gauge. Revisited.

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 11 14:46:52 MDT 2008

I would say they main reason a filler patch won't adhere in the long term is
that the skin of the bonnet resonates like a drumhead when underway. Over
time it is the equivalent of banging your fist against the back of the panel
-- eventually it will pop off.

Maybe if you tried red lead (old time approach).

A bodyman I know recommends a product called Long & Strong as being tougher
than normal plastic filler. But what is needed in this case is more
adhesion.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149