[Mgs] Engine installation advice

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Jun 3 12:07:04 MDT 2008

1.  Leave the mounts loosely attached to the engine plate. You may have
to twist them a bit to get all the body side bolts inserted. Once the
motor is in position, the upper nuts are easy to tighten.

2.  I've found it helpful to install the mounts while the gearbox is in
position, but still hanging down a bit. The mounts are loosely attached
to the crossmember and the assembly can then be twisted and used as a
lever to get the mounts to line up on the box. It's a PITA, so just be
patient.

WARNING!!!!   Test fit the mounts to the crossmember and gearbox before
installing the engine and transmission. Also run a coarse thread tap
carefully into the gearbox mounting threads to clean them out. BTDT.
Once I tried to install an OD using a replacement crossmember that
turned out to be bent!!  It took 6 hours to figure that one out. Then I
spent about an hour trying to get a bolt threaded into a damaged hole.
It's not fun trying to install a helicoil under the car.

The third switch does sound like the seat belt interlock switch used in
(I think 1974).

Kelvin