[Mgs] FW: [Spridgets] WSJ article on collecter car insurance

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 21:52:25 MDT 2008

--- On Wed, 7/30/08, melfrankus at carolina.rr.com <melfrankus at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up on the insurance article.  My MG has
> always been insured with our other vehicles.  For funzies I
> went on the Hagerty website.  Their quote for my 71 MGB/GT
> with 500$ deductible and a $10K vlue is half of what we are
> now paying with the multiple cars disc. and 2 residences
> insured with same co.....Mel

I don't think Hagerty has made a dime off me.  In the five
years my MGA has been insured with them (since it was
restored) for $200/year, they've bought me a windshield
(zero deductible) and towed my car when the differential
self destructed.  Both those claims were in the first
three years.  They may be gaining on me by now.  :-)