[Mgs] 90w in Transmission?

Stephen West-fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Mon Jul 28 17:33:39 MDT 2008

It will not hurt anything, but back when my dad was working on Sunbeams back
in the '70s, he got one that someone had put 90w in. Caused the shift to be
slow and felt "funny". Switched it to engine oil and there was one happy
customer when he picked it up with how nice the shifter felt. When I started
looking for an MG in '84 I found this really nice one with no rust and only
very slight collision damage that had been well repaired. But the owner said
it did have something wrong with the transmission. I drove it, and it felt
exactly like that Sunbeam. Since it had the dipstick behind the radio I
confirmed the problem and bought it. Actually, I would have bought it
anyway, I had already found a replacement transmission J Got it home,
changed to engine oil, and shortly thereafter met my wife because of it.
Still have both.

--

Stephen West-Fisher

Coastal Data Systems