[Mgs] (no subject)

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Wed Jul 23 00:21:30 MDT 2008

Hi Dan,

Yes the plunger is held by the rubber boot only, when it is lose from the
clutch mechnism.
It is held in place by the cup shape of the actual slave piston - a go and
simple construction.
If the slave psiton does not travel freely, it can be taken apart after
draining the hydraulic fluid.
The cylinder is so wide in bore, it may be cleaned and polished afterwards,
in order to be smooth again.
It is advisable to replace the rubber piston.
Apply little brake grease before assembling again and fit the stuff
together.
Flush the fluid lines and master cylinder and fill the system with new brake
fluid.
Normally the plunger is held in its travel space by the connected clutch
mechanism.

Lose wires:
There maybe some other open ended wires there, which belong to the overdrive
circuit.
When no overdrive is fitted, there maybe lose ends.

Cheers,

Hans