[Mgs] (no subject)

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 18:55:24 MDT 2008

Ok, next questions... ;-)

When I was attaching the clutch slave cylinder, a couple of things happened -

1) The little plunger from the slave cylinder came out. Is it really not attached to anything in there, just held
     in by the rubber boot and the stirrup on the transmission?

2) The stirrup on the transmission (not sure of it's official name) has about an inch of motion. I had to really push in on
     the plunger to get it to line up within the stirrup once the slave was attached to the transmission. Working the clutch
     pedal causes the whole shebang to move properly, and the clutch pedal feels pretty normal (given that it's been 2
     years since I drove the car).

 My reverse switch wire seemed to have disappeared from under the car! Then I noticed a very long wire hanging around
 in the engine compartment here is a picture. It is long enough to be the wire for that. But ther isn't any difference in the
 spade connectors, so any idea which one goes where? Maybe it doesn't matter....?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/ddibiase/1976%20MGB%20Engine%20Work/P7220006.jpg

Thx.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Engine Reinstalled...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dans76b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/