[Mgs] 90w in Transmission?

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:01:09 MDT 2008

Stuart,

You should consider changing that oil for MT90. If you look at Redline
Oil's website, you will see that MTL is equivalent to 5W30/10W30
engine oil, which is slightly thinner than the recommended 20W50. MTL
is slightly thicker, although still not quite 20W50.

I use MT90 in my MGA, although I originally used MTL. I can't say that
I noticed a difference when I changed to MT90

Regards,
Simon