[Mgs] 90w in Transmission?

Stuart MacMillan macgroup at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 13:45:59 MDT 2008

At least you don't have an OD tranny, but it would probably work sort of
okay there too.  90w gear oil makes is harder to shift because the synchro
rings have a thicker, slipperier layer of oil between them and the cone on
the dog gear.  I think the ears on the rings will wear faster the harder you
have to shift

At the risk of igniting flames, I've used Red Line MTL for over 13 years in
my '65 with OD, and for 5 years in my daughter's '71 GT, also with OD.
Great stuff. Shifting is quicker, OD works great, and you never have to
change it.

Stuart