[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Engine In!

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 02:46:28 MDT 2008

Had the same problem getting just the engine out and back in to change the
clutch, also on the hottest couple of days this summer.  I had to go in from
the side, and even then it only just reached, with the arm in its
*furthest*/lowest weight position.  That meant I had to drag the hoist plus
engine sideways to get it to clear the first motion shaft, with the engine
pulled forward and tied off to the bonnet slam panel to stop it swinging
about.  Replacement was the reverse of removal.  In all the accounts I had
read over the years no one mentioned this potential problem with hoists.

  ... One issue I ran into was that with the engine crane set on the 1-ton
  setting, the arm was just about 8 inches too short
  .