[Mgs] Engine In!

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 19:41:46 MDT 2008

My 2 sons and I installed the engine into the '76 B today! Of course, we picked the hottest and most humid day yet in NJ.... Fortunately
we were in a nice shady garage, where it was probably only about 100 degrees....

Install went well, you can read the details in my blog (linked below). One issue I ran into was that with the engine crane set on the 1-ton
setting, the arm was just about 8 inches too short to just drop the engine right above the engine mounts. I was hitting the front bumper
with the hydraulic raising mechanism. So, we had to really push it back those 8 inches to get the bolts on the engine mounts. Having 2
teenage boys comes in handy here!

Next up is to reconnect everything and see how many parts are left over! ;-)

Thanks to all for answering all of the q's I've had so far. There will be more....

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/