[Mgs] Savvy Shopping: Park assist, pick-ups and MGs

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 09:37:52 MDT 2008

There's been so many missed production starting dates that I shall only
believe it when I see volume production and cars for sale in dealers.

On park assist Top Gear demonstrated this last year with a Lexus - or rather
demonstrated how not to do it.  Richard Hammond pushed various buttons and the
car started to move and steer under its own steam, then proceeded to crash
into the stage scenery - twice.  They then 'discovered' they should have been
positioning a little square on the TV screen where they wanted the car to end
up.  Even then it only got it half in.  Strikes me more development is
required.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_0Q3OU7tI

  MG (SAIC) makes the rumor mill here in the backwoods.