[Mgs] MG Cruise Control

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 13:26:03 MST 2008

I once test drove a nice Jensen Interceptor convertible to  which someone had
fitted an after market cruise control.
It probably hadn't had the accelerator more than half way to the floor in
years and when It floored it to clear out the engine (still feel apologetic to
the guy behind me covered in black smoke) the cruise jammed on at full
throttle  when I let off. That can seriously interfere with your sang froid,
especially  with the owner sitting beside you. Fortunately the brakes are more
powerful than  the engine, but there were a few moments fraught with regret before
the damned  thing released.

Cramps or not, I prefer my old British cars without cruise, thanks.

Bill

In a message dated 1/14/2008 12:16:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,