[Mgs] MGB valve cover/crankcase venting

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 06:44:26 MST 2008

 Paul, if you mean that the crankcase vent is
connected to the atmosphere side of the air cleaner, I
agree.  Yea, it can goober up the carb with oil but
the vacuum applied is acceptable AND always on the
atmosphere side of the venturi.

For my car, I'll just replumb it back to the way it
was designed and see if the engine behaves.  I have
installed a vacuum port on the inlet manifold so I can
connect my meter.  I may be able to detect the valve's
operation there.

rick