[Mgs] Miatas

William Killeffer wkilleffer at comcast.net
Fri Feb 22 17:33:44 MST 2008

Hello listers,

I've never owned a Miata, but it seems like a white 1991 model was
one of the first "fun" cars I ever drove. This was somewhere around
2000, and I had just had to move back in with the folks after a
period of living on my own. As nice as they are and were, it was kind
of a downer, and it was starting to show in my demeanor. That car
showed up at a used car lot not too far from their house. They're not
the types to advocate retail therapy, but they knew I liked cars and
had always had a yen for something fun and sporty. So, they
encouraged me to go check it out.

It was a fun driver, and I kept it on the test drive more or less
what the maximum allowable time for a test would be before the cops
are called. It was high mileage and the asking price was too high
considering. I decided to pass as it had a few problems, including a
bad radiator. Ended up getting a Chevrolet S-10, and we had our
moments together, but that's another story.

Once I finish school and re-join the ranks of the professionals, it's
tempting to go out looking for one. The older ones may be a bit long
in the tooth these days, but they're getting to that cheap fun stage
where you can do fun things with them without blowing a big chunk of
change.

Thanks for allowing me to think about a fun old memory.

-William Killeffer
1974 MGB