[Mgs] shipping engine block across the U.S.A

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Thu Feb 21 08:36:33 MST 2008

Eric:

If the block is cleaned and crated properly, any common carrier COULD ship
it.  My experience when I lived in Connecticut and had a B engine
race-prepped by Fab-Tek in Colorado was that many carriers didn't want it as
they considered it "hazardous cargo."  Eventually I found one & it went out
& back fine.  I don't remember the carrier though.

Another option is to join the Vintage Race Digest & see if you can find
someone driving from NC to CA with a racecar in a trailer.  Work out an
arrangement with them to bring it out.  Now, that being said, the best
chance of that would not be until August for the Monterey Historics.  But,
worth a shot.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner
'60 Alfa