[Mgs] MGB Question

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 14:56:48 MST 2008

RampantNM at aol.com wrote: Last weekend as I piddled with the B, I was under the dash, sort of, trying
to get the headlight switch back together so the light from it did not show
through the brake test gizmo, and I found a 6-8 inch steel rod, with a white
plastic handle hanging down out of the darkness.

What is this?  I thought maybe the cowl vent? but I could not move it  in any
direction.  I do have part of the dealer installed air conditoner in  the way.

Robert, that's the handle for the air door (flap) to let outside air into the footwell - it has 3 positions, full-open, half-open, and  only-slightly-leaking-air-and-usually-in-the-winter....

      Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - <cough cough> What's that smoke? <cough cough>
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
  '04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6
NAMGBR #5-2328
  http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/