[Mgs] Engine reinstall

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 19 12:58:14 MST 2008

This is why I have always installed the engine and gearbox together --
mating them in situ is too fiddly, with no room to maneuver. Together, the
pulley is able to clear the rack (barely) since the gearbox is not
constrained by the crossmember -- you can push the whole assembly further
back, with more tilt.

I think you will need to drop the crossmember in order to tilt the gearbox
adequately. Of course, then you will have to deal with the resulting
instability.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149