[Mgs] How many miles should a generator brush set last?

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Tue Aug 26 13:23:30 MDT 2008

I would say 50 K miles would be possible.
Point maybe, that your brushes may not be worn perhaps.
Dirt inside the brush holders might have caused, that the brush are not
moving freely anymore and by this not making proper contact with the rotor
of the generator.

Not charging also may have causes elsewhere like a defective or misadjusted
regulator unit.

Cheers,

Hans