[Mgs] Ethanol and MG's

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:29:21 MDT 2008

I'm not worried at all. I use to run gasohol in my 65B back in college
in Nebraska (central USA) for several years without any problems.
Gasohol has been in common use in that region for several decades. There
was a slight reduction in mpg but it also prevented fuel line freezing
in the winter. It also provides a small increase in octane rating. I
would still use it in my cars if they sold it around here. I can get it
in Wyoming, about 140 miles from here, for the same cost as the medium
grade octane (both rated at 89 I believe). I don't think its really a
big deal at least for the 10% mix.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B