[Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 02:41:19 MDT 2007

Amen to that.  In my youth apprenticeship and education was all about where
technology came from, and understanding 'obsolete' technologies before you
moved on to current, as well as 'classrooms' with lathes, forges, carpentry
tools etc.  It was a bit frustrating to spend several weeks learning a
mathematical technique only to then be told "but we don't do it that way any
more" but many of the things I learnt then have stayed with me.  Sadly,
today's youth aren't taught how anything works, much less how to make it.
But the comments about oil dripping and Bugatti prompt me to mention that at
one time Bugatti used a bleed off the exhaust to pressurise the fuel tank as
an alternative to a hand pump.