[Mgs] Cam bearings

Ron Fine RonFineEsq at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 25 22:16:58 MDT 2007

Thanks to everyone for the advise today about replacing (or not) the cam
bearings in my MGB engine.  With the reassurance of the list that it was not
always necessary to replace the bearings, I retrieved my engine this
afternoon.  The machinists did not use corrosive solution to clean the block
so the bearings were not damaged.  He said the bearings were in good shape and
that he measured them to be sure they would fit the new cam.  So, the engine
block is back home and I am looking forward to starting the rebuild this
weekend.

This is only my second engine rebuild so I am still learning.  I couldn't do
it without the help of this list.

Ron Fine
61BN7
66 MGB