[Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 11:30:36 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/24/2007 10:20:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
doddk at mossmotors.com writes:

3 synch  4 spd   -   Early Banjo    short      30"
3 synch OD      -   Early Banjo     Med.      31.125"
3 synch OD       -   Saulsbury      Long      32"
4  synch 4spd/OD -   Saulsbury      Med.    31.125"

Nice to have that table, Kelvin.

For those going to an OD on the early cars with banjo axle, the  alternatives
are to have a longer driveshaft made up, or to machine a spacer and  use
longer bolts. I have done the latter quite successfully, but I'd make sure  to use
grade 8 bolts and to have the spacer machined so that it fits properly  into
the third member flange and the driveshaft.

Nice not to have to worry about it on Salisbury axled cars

Bill