[Mgs] new question

don don at napanet.net
Sun Sep 23 10:51:17 MDT 2007

I wouldn't say they need to be charities, but maybe nationalized would be
one way to deal with their power to screw us all-  not just with the
prices/profits, but their use of it to lobby governments, to hire
mercenaries in other countries to get oil, and to finance public opinion
manipulating think tanks here in the US.

Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, February 2, 2007; Page D01

It was a hard act to follow, but
<http://financial.washingtonpost.com/custom/wpost/html-qcn.asp?dispnav=business&mwpage=qcn&symb=XOM&nav=el>Exxon
Mobil has managed quite an encore.

After ringing up the biggest annual profit figure in U.S. corporate history
in 2005, Exxon Mobil yesterday announced that it topped that number in
2006. Riding the wave of high crude oil and gasoline prices, the company
reported a profit of $39.5 billion, up 9 percent from the year before.

At 06:13 PM 09/22/2007, David Breneman wrote:

>--- RampantNM at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Because they don't HAVE to.  Oil companies are profit making mother
> > fu....Ah... I mean ,,,enterprises.
>
>I suppose you believe they should operate as charities?
>

>David Breneman         david_breneman at yahoo.com
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:53 PM