[Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 13:05:05 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/20/2007 11:52:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
peter at nosimport.com writes:

They  made one H**L of a difference on the track this past weekend!

The car  would reliably  vibrate  wildly every time the brakes were
applied at any speed.

One rotor cracked all the way across, and the  other rotor was about
to at every drill hole.

You know, Peter, I WAS going to mention that possibility, but  figured it was
a rare enough problem that I wouldn't bother.

Guys, he is absolutely right, when you are racing and the  rotors are
subjected to extreme heating and cooling cycles, the holes can give  rise to
radiating cracks.  As I said, probably not a factor for street  use.

Bill