[Mgs] [British-cars] Puzzled - Re: Factory hardtop rear clamp

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Mon Sep 10 10:27:16 MDT 2007

Mike:

The original hard top did have brackets that hooked onto the teardrop
rear top mounting points. From memory, the brackets are fairly flat,
mount at an angle to the rear deck and are held in place by two screws.
The rear section has a cutout that hooks under the teardrop.

Probably the confusion arises from the popular Snugtop brand hardtop
which has recesses at the back of the top but did not have any form of
attachment back there.

Kelvin Dodd