[Mgs] spongy brakes

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Oct 23 12:07:19 MDT 2007

Go through all the recommended procedures that have been listed first,
just in case.

The 68-74 brake master will feel spongy if there is an internal leakage
between the front and rear piston seals.

This one had me stumped as I would have expected internal leakage to
show up as movement of fluid from one side of the reservoir to the
other. I did have two cars show up with this symptom, and there was no
change in reservoir levels and no amount of bleeding cured the problem.
I did finally replace both master cylinders which solved the problem.

Kelvin Dodd