[Mgs] Thanks

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Thu Oct 18 10:31:43 MDT 2007

Paul:

The current unit that Moss carries performs both services.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=58155&Sort
Order=1

It restricts flow through the bypass passage (the passage is in all B
series blocks) and also reduces the diameter of the thermostat mounting
passage slightly giving the same diameter as a fully open thermostat.

The current available unit is configured after the factory part number
11G176 as supplied on the factory race cars.

I do not recommend using this on the street. I'd qualify it as a race
only part though Moss is happy to sell them to anyone. I think the text
I wrote for catalog and website gives a pretty accurate representation.

Btw. The bypass passage in the B series engines is fairly small, so the
effect on cooling from using this blanking sleeve or the original style
bellows thermostat is pretty minor. Engines such as the Jaguar 3.8L and
Triumph TR2-4 have much larger bypass passages and will get a
significant improvement by using the bellows style blanking thermostat.

Kelvin Dodd