[Mgs] Raising motor to change mounts

Monte/Jane Morris montejane at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:37:57 MST 2007

Scott,
I did the the ZS to HIF conversion myself 3-4 years ago (and don't
consider myself a mechanic:).
I also replaced the motor mounts at the same time as the above. If
memory serves me, to get to the nuts I ground down a wrench, jacked up
the motor by the oil pan as stated above, and let the pinion slide
downwards by removing the bottom plate below the steering damper and
loosening the nut on the U-joint on the steering. Don't move the
steering wheel or wheels while the pinion is loose( I marked the
steering pinion and the U-joint so I could put them back in the same
place.
I haven't a clue if method this is recommended, but it worked fine for
me and the steering/toe in, etc all were maintained as before.