[Mgs] wheels that fi an MGC-GT

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Thu Nov 15 12:16:11 MST 2007

The splines are the same as the BJ8 too, where did you get the
information that they weren't?

The stock MGC rear fender wells, just as the MGB are quite narrow.
Center laced Cobra wheels will stick out too far requiring rolling of
the fender lip and also some flaring. Not recommended.

The standard MGC wheels (5" wide) are very strong and have a unique
offset to keep the tire centered in the well. Short of modifying the
fenders they are the best wheel for the job. The knock off Minilite
(5.5" wide, Minataur or KN brand) fits too, but you do have to be
careful with tire choice. Many 195 series tires will rub on one side or
the other. 185 section tires seem to be the best bet without fender
trimming.

If you want to get carried away, you can go with Sebring fender flares.
I'm making up 7" wide knock off alloys for my car. MWAHHH, HA HA!

Kelvin Dodd