[Mgs] Old Gas

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 12:30:09 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/13/2007 11:26:21 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dennis_cox at appsig.com writes:

Should  be about 10:1 compression.  I drained the
gas this last weekend after  it had been sitting about 8 months.  It did
have that old gas smell  but looked okay.  We poured it into my friends
68B.  I haven't  talked to him yet to see how its been running.  But
these new  formulations are the color of piss and have a funny smell
anyway.  I  bought 5 gallons of race gas, 110 octane leaded.

Dennis, if you didn't already know, you are wasting your money on 110  octane
with 10:1 compression. It will give you a little LESS power, not more, as  it
burns more slowly.

With your compression, 93 -94 octane is optimal.

You could probably advance your timing a couple of degrees with the race  gas
and get a little more, but it wouldn't be significant.

Bill