[Mgs] Old Gas

Phil Bates jello at ida.net
Tue Nov 13 08:55:07 MST 2007

Dump it.

There are a lot of factors that contribute to how long it's good - but a
year is probably too long reguardless of those factors.  If there's not
much of it, you might be able to add enough new gas that it's not an
issue, but safest is dump it and blow out the lines backwards with
compressed air.  Then put a fuel filter in ahead of the pump, AND ahead of
the carbs (after the pump).

Been there done that - lost the cost fo a lawn mower by using 1 1/2 year
old gas in it from one of my car projects - old gas ---> sticky valve.

Phil Bates