[Mgs] OFF TOPIC _ EUDORA

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Thu Nov 8 15:19:01 MST 2007

I don't use Eudora anymore because I had to convert to the M$ Exchange
world and Outlook. But I do recall this problem when I used to use it.
However, Eudora itself is not smart enough to know if an address is bad
in terms of bad accounts (closed, limit exceeded, etc). It tends to die
on stuff that is invalid in terms of format so what you want to do is
make sure your list is strictly email addresses in the format of
somebody at domain.com - perhaps listing them in Notepad and then
transferring them over by cut and paste. Eudora will tend to die on
addresses that are just a person's name or if the domain part
@domain.net is not in proper form. At that point it just sends them over
to your smtp mail server which does the actual part of delivering to the
individual addresses.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B