[Mgs] Trademark infringement?

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 05:33:58 MST 2007

The company and its production facilities do indeed have a direct
connection.  Whether future products will have any *spiritual* link with
what came before is another matter.  The refrain "But it's not a proper MG"
was been uttered with the Z cars, MGF, RV 8, MGB, MGA etc. by the owners of
each preceding generation, right back to when Abingdon lost control of
design and content in the 1930s and the drawing office was moved to Cowley
and they had to start using bits out of the corporate parts-bin.  I have a
ZS 180 as well as an MGB roadster and V8 bodyshell apart it is the least
'badge-engineered' MG that has ever been produced, and was born under the
same restrictions that eventually applied to the MGB with a pitiful budget
but in the hands of a small bunch of enthusiasts who produced something far
better than anyone expected, and very much in the sporting traditions of MG.