[Mgs] ATTN: Californians

Douglas Gaither dbgaither at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 1 10:05:33 MST 2007

I have a '66 MBG that I'd really like to have black plates on (earlier
California color scheme).  I even had some old plates restored and tried to
get them registered to the vehicle, but the DMV would have nothing to do with
any plates that I could not PROVE were registered to the car at some time.

So
my question is...
1) could I research the original registration to learn the
original black plate number
2) find someone somewhere that could reproduce a
black California plate
3) submit my 'proof' with newly stamped plates
4) Doug
is happy?

Has anyone out there done this?  Is this an ill-conceived idea?
Doug