[Mgs] Oil filter mount, oil cooler, accusump ....

Matt Trebelhorn matt.lists at trebelhorn.com
Wed Jun 27 05:01:58 MDT 2007

I've moved my oil cooler to the lower location, behind the valence.
It took two cuts with a holesaw and a little dressing of the edges,
two grommets like the ones where the oil cooler lines pass through
the radiator support, and longer bolts -- I think they're 2".  And
replace the oil cooler hoses with the later ones that are straight on
the cooler end.  The original oil cooler on my car did not have upper
mounting ears, but my replacement does.

It's reversable, and it cleans up area in front of the rad.  I'm also
running an oil cooler thermostat; with this setup I have no
complaints about cooling when flogging the car in 100 degrees or
commuting in 20 degree weather.  (knock on wood.)  And cutting the
oil cooler lines for the 'stat gives you the flexibility for the
slightly longer distance to the lowered cooler.

So with that, I've had good luck, to answer your question directly.
It's cheap, simple, and appears effective.

Best of luck,
Matt