[Mgs] brake line fitting

Mike Duvall duvallcom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 12 21:45:46 MDT 2007

Thanks for all the information.  Actually, I discovered it does fit.
I hand screwed it several turns but it didn't want to go further.
Then I thought hmmmm, there are 3 other holes in that connection and
it screwed, by hand,  right into the other three without a problem.
It didn't take any effort with the wrench to snug it up.  I may have
warped it a little trying to get the original connection out.  The
Moss catalog shows the dividing line for BSF and SAE at 27989 and
above for SAE. My car is well above that number.

I usually just buy from the folks who sell MG parts but the local
brake and clutch store had helped me with hoses for my 36 TA and I
thought if they can help with that the A will be a snap!

I did examine the end carefully since Bill mentioned the differences
and I'm not sure what difference it will make since they are both
flared pipes.  I'll guess I'll find out if it holds (please no safety
flames )

Mike