[Mgs] brake line fitting

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 11:39:20 MDT 2007

In a message dated 12/06/2007 10:25:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
duvallcom at sbcglobal.net writes:

Can  anyone tell me what the thread is on MGA brake lines?  I lost the
sensor at the 4 way connector near the engine. I got the sensor at a
local NAPA but while getting it loose it I damaged the line that  goes
to the rear of the car.   I took the fitting over to  the local brake
store and he sold me a line for $10.  It is  standard fitting he
pulled from a small selection in front of the  counter.  He took the
fitting and  the line and checked  them against a fitting and said
they fit ok.  He was concerned  I didn't strip out my 4 way.

____________________________________

Have to be careful - early cars had different threading -  BSF.

Even if it is a later car with SAE threading, NAPA ain't gonna  have the
fittings with the extra unthreaded spigot at the end that is required  to seal in
the British receptacle.  I suppose you could take a long SAE  tube nut and
have  machine shop remove a few threads, but the best thing to  do is just have
the original fitting put on the new line - you need a double  flairing tool to
do that.

If you can't do that because the original has been buggered,  you should buy
a new nut - not sure if Moss carries them  separately.

Bill Spohn