[Mgs] Lets see if I can post here

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Fri Jul 27 09:08:52 MDT 2007

On 27/07/2007, at 11:15 PM, Councill, David wrote:

> This "reply" function is a matter of how the list is set up and
> nothing
> more.

Setting the list to REPLY just to the sender (and REPLY ALL to the
list, yes, and the sender) has the massive advantage of minimising
those OOOPS messages where people have sent responses they didn't
want everyone to see - and some of those can be really, really
embarrassing (surely we have all done it at least once).

Of course you can't 100% protect everyone from themselves but this
way the chances are vastly reduced.

The worst that can happen is you have to re-send a message that you
sent just the author of the post you were responding to but wanted it
to go to the list.  This is much better than really wishing you could
suck that errant post back again!

My 3c (the exchange rate is great at the moment).

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia