[Mgs] MGB likes to lay a patch

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 11:01:16 MDT 2007

I think we're talking about two different situations.

If one rear wheel cylinder is leaking brake fluid, that side may be
contaminated as well as not receiving any braking input, causing the other
side to possibly pull or lock up.

But if instead, one side is contaminated with leaking rear axle oil, its
brake shoes will become "grabby" and lock up.

I suppose it is possible that some kinds of metallic shoe material would
merely become slick instead of grabby, I don't know. But I have had the
grabby problem on multiple occasions, with different vehicles. The rear axle
oil leak problem is practically my "bete noire"...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149