[Mgs] B master cylinder

Keith G. kger at plex.com
Mon Jul 23 07:21:34 MDT 2007

In trying to bleed my 79 B's brakes, I found nothing was happening at
the rear brakes.  I checked each connection back toward the master
cylinder and found the same thing.  Finally, I disconnected the line
from the master cylinder and found that no fluid comes out of that
port on the master cylinder.  Well, that would explain it.
(Meanwhile, I can bleed the front brakes just fine.)

So, I assume this means it's time to replace the brake master
cylinder, yes?  Or is this something that can/should be repaired?

As far as I know, it is the factory piece, so I suppose I should not
be too surprised.  And I am grateful that this happened in my garage
and not out on the road somewhere.

--
Keith G.
1979 B