[Mgs] NGK plug heat ranges

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 10:35:31 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/20/2007 8:41:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mgs4dave at tampabay.rr.com writes:

I want  to go with a cooler plug in my 67BGT. Using the NGK BP6ES now and
want to  experiment with possible lower under hood temps(still, I know).
What's the  next cooler plug from NGK? shouldn't it be a "7"  number?

Plug heat ranges aren't going to alter under hood temperatures and should  be
predicated on what the engine needs to run, not anything else.

6 series NGKs are the correct range and you shouldn't vary from that unless
you modify the engine or use it in competition and find that the 6's are not
working for you.

If it ain't broke, don't mess with it!

See you at Whistler (I'll be the guy with the weird low red car).

Bill
(who uses BP6ES in all street engines - and B9EV on the race  engines)