[Mgs] 80 MGB - Cross member to Body bolt

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Tue Jul 17 19:11:14 MDT 2007

Preston,
   The things we think of as  'bolts' were more accurately described by a
machinist friend as 'studs with tapered seats'.   As such, the taper
pulls into tapered holes and you won't need a second wrench on the other
end.
    My recollection is that they are 7/16", so torque to whatever one
uses for that size.  56-60 ft lbs should be OK unless someone can provide
more exact value.  BTW,  if you get stainless locknuts and washers from
the hardware store, they polish up nicely.....
Bob