[Mgs] MGB event

DON SCOTT rowdon at sonoma-county.org
Tue Jul 17 14:03:51 MDT 2007

I just got back from visiting the NAMGBR car event in Rohnert Park CA.
What a pleasant surprise- I didn't know there were that many enthusiasts
left.  And the distances some of the people drove- from Oklahoma and
Indiana and other parts of the nation.  I met MG legend Norman Nock, who
has been selling and repairing British cars for decades.  I met a fellow
from Seattle who bought his '66 B new, and is still in love with it,
having restored it to its prime.  I commented that it's too bad we can't
do that with our wives!  There was a group of engine-converted Bs, one
of wihich was the '67 BRG GT w/215 Buick that never ceases to amaze me
as it looks better than the factory V8s (it's from the SF Bay Area).
And- there was one factory B GT V8 RHD car there as well.  There was a
few other MGs- the nicest Magnette I've ever seen, several As, a Midget,
and a few T-series cars.  A lone Triumph, a TR6, was the only non-MG I
saw.

It was great fun to talk with the owners and see the cars, and the
weather was ideal.

Don Scott
Calistoga CA
'62 MGA