[Mgs] Wire wheels

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 17 13:36:40 MDT 2007

You may recall complaints from this quarter that shops were no longer
willing to work on wire wheels. Now I discover that this trend has extended
to bicycle wheels (!).

I just picked up a mountain bike cheap at a yard sale, wth one slightly
warped rim. Neither bike shop I took it to was willing to just lace on a new
rim -- they want to sell me a whole wheel (for more than I paid for the
bike, BTW). I'm tempted to order a rim and do it myself, if it weren't for
the fact I no longer have any bike tools. Good grief...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

[just venting...]