[Mgs] rear brakes - reassembly

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 13 06:17:56 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay at yahoo.com>
To: "MGS" <mgs at autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 7:02 AM
Subject: [Mgs] rear brakes - reassembly

Hello Gang,
   Anyone have a write-up on reassembly of the rear
brakes on a B?  Yes, I know where all the parts go,
which side of the shoes the various springs are on,
etc. BUT, there has to be an installation sequence
that makes the job easier; one where you don't fight
the springs as much.  Can you help?

rick

Rick, I just went through this on my 67 Austin A60 Pickup which is very
similar to the B.  I asked Peter Caldwell of World Wide Auto Parts if he
knew of a simpler way and this is what he said:

"I assemble the shoes on the floor with both tension
springs, then offer the set up to the wheel cylinder end, and 1
adjuster end, then pry the other shoe onto the adjuster."

I did it this way and it was the easiest I have ever installed shoes.  20
seconds, max.  Really worked well.

Thank you, Peter.

Larry Daniels