[Mgs] Piston Dish

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Sun Dec 30 12:43:42 MST 2007

Larry:

Typically the non sports car engines will have other differences such as
smaller valves and different camshaft specs.

Building the motor to MGA specs is not likely to affect anything that
the originality police will get upset about. Regular MGA pistons and
having the head machined to accept the larger MGA valves will make a
measurable difference even with the stock carburetion. You will want to
keep the camshaft on the torquey side. Aim for torque, not HP as you
have a heavier vehicle to get into movement.

I don't advise shaving the head to increase the CR as this will change
the valve train geometry requiring either new pushrods or silly spacers.

Kelvin Dodd